Brisbane, Australia is a great place to buy investment properties. In recent years the property market has performed extremely well, and even the global downturn up until the time of writing (June 2009) has made little negative impact on property prices. In fact, around Brisbane, especially in areas close to the city like St Lucia or West End, property prices have actually been rising in the last few years!
Here are some further reasons to join Brisbane's real estate market with a Brisbane Investment Property:
We have access to some great deals on apartments and townhouses from quality developers in highly sought after locations - such as Hamilton, Redcliffe waterfront, the CBD and more.
- There is a strong demand for rental property here and rents are rising. Rental vacancies are low.
- There is a strong net migration effect into Queensland from southern States and overseas.
- A lot of infrastructure has been developed and more is being developed constantly.
- Highways, bridges, shopping centres and public facilities are going up more and more.
- There are many different kinds of industries in Brisbane. The city does not depend on just one thing.
- The climate is very nice in Brisbane. It is a very pleasant place to live in many ways.
- Easy access to popular tourist destinations such as the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast.
The big land developers in Australia are always doing projects in and around Brisbane. They have done their research. If they are investing, and so are Federal, State and Local Governments, then YOU and I will probably not do too badly investing in Brisbane.
There needs to be a lot of new housing constructed to meet the demand. Once these new communities are constructed, they have tended to appreciate quite rapidly in value as new quality homes and neighbourhoods have been created.